Saturday 12 July 2014

TURNETTE DOONE @ The RaceHorse Inn Taunton 11thJuly2014

WHEN ONLY THE BEST WILL DO
Turnette Doone played at The RaceHorse Inn Taunton last night. As ever the place was alive with the buzz of beer conversation, an energetic and lively crowd, the throb of The Live Jukebox and the warm embrace of Traditional Pubdom.

As per regular, with schedules in the wash My Lady, I arrived apres the beginning of the opening of the set. Not to look too much like a groupie and rush to the stage I made my aquaintancies, with friends and brew and ventured forth.
Turnette Doone had my senses jigging and tapping as soon as I stepped through the pub door and as I honed in on the speaker system I developed an uncontrolable rhythmic body shuffle. Quite unsettling for some bystanders. This Band of Brothers are great to watch, great to listen to and provide an eclectic mix of tunes including one of my all time favorites Paranoid, played with energy, grace and individuality (I love this version Gents) PROPER ROCK ON TOMMY.

For more information on Turnette Doone visit facebook.com/pages/Turnette-Doone/


If a picture paints a thousands words and I only know 112 words I would be probably be repeating what the picture is saying so I think I'll go now. Bye.

Opening with the ending of I Saw Her Standing There >Stick Together (Great Sax From The Blacks and a Rocking Berry Jamb) > LaLaLaLaLaLaBamba + Aimless PubWalk > Crazy Little Thing > Paranoid

Turnette Doone were supported by superb, as always, hosts at a fantastic venue, great choice of refreshments including one of my rave faves Cornish Cloudy Rattler and Guinness, in moderation of course. A guaranteed buzzing vibe, or else. I hope to see you there next time. Be hip or be oblong. I am both.

Any jiggling and sound distortions are due to a crud camera, shaky limbs and a nervous disposition and not reflective of the bands performance.

If you are drinking alone, in the dark, play this video loud and you will be amongst friends... just like going out.

No comments: